Step 1: Apply to Division of Graduate Studies
- University Application: You must apply to San Francisco State University’s Graduate Division (415/338- 2234, ADM 250), using the online Graduate/Post-Baccalaureate application to The California State University: Cal State Apply
- Fee: There is a $55.00 fee for this application. You can pay online at the time of the application submission or you can pay Graduate Admissions after you’ve submitted your application.
- Transcripts: Upload one unofficial set of transcripts from every college or university attended to the SF State Graduate Admissions. Official transcripts will be required for admitted students. If you have previously attended SF State, you may not need to send transcripts. Please check with Graduate Admissions regarding their policies.
- International Students: If you are an international student or if you have a bachelor’s degree from outside the United States, please go to the Graduate Admissions for International Students page of the Division of Graduate Studies: International Application Submission. There may be additional requirements for admission, such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Step 2: Apply to Department of Equity, Leadership Studies, and Instructional Technologies
In addition to applying to the University, you must also apply directly to the Department of Equity, Leadership Studies, and Instructional Technologies:
Applicants to all Master of Arts degrees and credentials in the ELSIT Department must include the following in their department application:
- A complete ELSIT Department Application form
- Two letters of reference from professors, employers, or other people you have worked with on a professional basis
- One set of transcripts (copies are acceptable) from all colleges and universities you have attended, including SFSU, for both undergraduate and graduate coursework
- A Statement of Purpose describing your reasons for wanting to pursue a degree and/or credential in your selected program
Send the ELSIT Department Application materials to:
Step 3: Confirm Admission Status
After submitting your application, you can check your admission status on your SF Gateway account.
If you have questions about the admissions process please contact the ELSIT Department at 415-338-1653 or email us at email@example.com.